Monday, July 7, 2008

On therapy

One of the things I noticed since I started putting the RV Builder's Hotline together is how many people read it by way of this blog. That's pretty cool, especially since the blog was just my own way to get a little writing in. The fact an audience came along with it is bonus.

I was out at the hangar yesterday for some "therapy." I needed to get away for a little "me" time. My youngest son is experiencing a bout of depression and he's really struggling. As a parent, this is one one of those times when there isn't a lot you can do and, besides, what little there is to do, my wife is uniquely gifted to be the one. In the past, I've ended up ignoring the RV project and pretty much looking out the window and, to be honest, there's been a fair amount of that going on.

I'd love to be able to wave a magic wand that would make my son -- and all of the other young adults finding their way -- that things will get better and that whatever projection of your life you think will come to pass, likely won't. Life is too interesting to go according to plan.

Fiberglass is good therapy, I'm finding. I'm working on the empennage tips, figuring it'll be a good way to get acquainted with the stuff before tackling the canopy windscreen fairing. Filling, sanding, filling, sanding. Good stuff.

Oshkosh is about three weeks away and slowly I'm getting messages that this person or that person isn't going to be able to make it this year. Pity. That takes some of the fun out of Oshkosh, to be sure. With things getting touchy around home plate, I'm not sure, now, whether I should be there either.

Aside from all of our RV projects, life is going on in its myriad -- sometimes painful -- ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |