Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Fiberglassing the front canopy skirt



I must have spent two months working on the fiberglass skirt around the front of the RV-7A's canopy, where the plexiglass meets the aluminum. I'd stop at the hangar on the way home from work each day, sand and glass and fret that it looked like, well, crap. Then one day, it looked great. I'm not entirely sure how that happened, but it happened. That's the miracle of working with fiberglass.

I have tons of pictures and I've always meant to write an article about it, but I've never gotten around to it.

But this month, in EAA Chapter 105's excellent newsletter, there's an article on the process of working with fiberglass that's better than anything I could write, especially since the writer knows what he's doing. Find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |