Saturday, June 5, 2010

A little courtesy, please



Pilots, this is not the way your airplane should be oriented when you pull it out of the hangar, jump in, and fire it up -- at least not if there's an open hangar nearby.

As you can probably tell, I'm in a race against time here. Thankfully, I noticed the plane's strobes going as I was working on my RV project, with plans and other easily-blown-away items on the wings. I got it closed just as the engine fired up.

A few weeks ago, a huge turbo-prop amphibian, probably visiting nearby Wipaire, decided to use the ramp next to the hangars not only to start his plane, but do the run-up too, all the way blowing hurricane-force winds straight into my hangar. A box with an EFIS in it was among the items blown off a table.

Come on, people! A little courtesy please. Straighten out your plane and take a look around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |