Saturday, June 7, 2008

This week's RV Builder's Hotline

A few hundred of you (assuming you subscribe) received this week's Hotline in the e-mail before Comcast decided I was a spammer and suspended my account for 24 hours. Apparently I'm limited to sending only 1,000 messages a day. I think they've also blocked access to the Web site that has the Hotline posted on it as well.

Next week, I'll adjust things so that we're only sending out about 700 a day and we'll just send them on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday instead of all at once.

Sorry for any problems this may have caused.

Update - I've purchased the use of an smtp relay server outside of Comcast to send the Hotline. This costs $20 per month. As there is no advertising in the email newsletter, I'll be depending on contributions to break even. That's not much. Alternately, if you have an RV-related business and you'd like to sponsor the Hotline for a year, $240 will do it.

Because it's a relay server, some ISPs will automatically identify it as SPAM. Please make sure rvnewsletter@comcast.net is listed in your mail program as "allowed" and not "blocked." However, some ISPs -- AT&T for example -- will reject the Hotline before it reaches you. There's nothing I'm going to be able to do about that. Plan on reading the Hotline online.

By the way, this week's Hotline is now available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |