Sunday, August 19, 2007

Van's Homecoming coverage

Doug has done his usual outstanding job on Van's Air Force, documenting everything that happened this weekend at Van's Homecoming. This time it was held at the Independence Airpark. I'm pretty sure in my next life I want to come back wealthy enough to live on an airpark. Guess I'll have to figure out a new line of work, though.

Anyway, here's Doug's pictures of the RV-12, which he got to fly (check that, in my next life, I'm coming back as Doug Reeves), here's video of his landing, and here's his account of the Friday BBQ.

Doug told me in an e-mail that he was spending the day at the Portland airport and wouldn't be home until 10 p.m. Way to take one for the team, Doug! And thanks for your hard work.

I also found this blog -- My Left Nut -- which had some images and accounts of the action this weekend.

I'm hoping EAA Chapter 292, which hosted the event, posts some pictures soon, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |