Monday, July 14, 2008

Oshkosh? Maybe. Maybe not.

It was another day, and another notification from an acquaintance that he's not going to Oshkosh this year. Bummer.

But every time I think about not going afterall, some message arrives. A few weeks ago it was a warbird flying overhead. Today it was the parking pass for the media parking lot. Little thing, I know, but important nonetheless. Oh, by the way, the official color of the camping passes and stuff this year is gold-yellow.

So far, however, I can report my heart isn't quite in it, yet. I don't feel particularly excited by Oshkosh.

I had gotten excited about the possibility of writing a piece about judging of an RV airplane, but my request to EAA communications got forwarded off to another EAA official and they never got back to me. And no RVers volunteered to be the guinea pig.

I asked my son to go with me this year. He's been struggling a lot this summer with the absence of friends. He keeps saying, "we'll see." But I may just end up making the decision for him and staying home.

We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Well that would bum ME (and MANY others) if you didn't go Bob! Who else am I going to have rope off my campsite before I get there?

    Hope to see you there!!! And I hope your son goes with you!

    ReplyDelete

Share |