Thursday, July 31, 2008

The end

I had to leave Oshkosh very early this morning because of a family emergency. Apparently, my youngest son was held up and robbed at gunpoint at his apartment.

If I've made one mistake -- and for the record, there are days it seems like I've made nothing but mistakes -- it's that I never quite taught my trusting, loving children to be absolutely paranoid about the jerks that are out there. My son found a game console on Craig's List and made arrangements to buy it, but he got a guy with a gun instead.

So parents, teach your kids about Craig's List. I know a lot of people swear by it, but do what you can to simply put it out of business. One guy shouldn't be making a good living by providing the vehicle for crime.

As they say, more as it happens.

1 comment:

Share |