Friday, July 31, 2009

Oshkosh Diary: The Inhofes



You can't throw a rear spar down the street in the campground at Oshkosh and not hit an RV builder and/or pilot.

I met Jim Davis, right, this morning as I was breaking down the campsite for the return to St. Paul. Jim is an RV-8 pilot (I think he also built an RV-6). He's from Tulsa. A few minutes later a group of his friends stopped by to visit with him. That's U.S. Sen. James Inhofe, R-Oklahoma, who may be one of the biggest supporters of general aviation in Washington. We may see a lot of RV builders here in the campground, but we don't see a lot of U.S. senators showing up for a cup of coffee.

His son, Jim (shown below) was kind enough to take our picture, and tell me about his RV-8 and flying into Oshkosh. He's been coming here for 23 years, I believe he said.



It's time to pack up and head for home. Fifty-one weeks to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |