Sunday, August 10, 2008

Day-tripping: Madeline Island

While I'm building my RV airplane, I still need to keep current while I fly. Most of my flying is touch and goes and some local flying. My currency with the FBO I rent from is up next week, so this weekend we decided we needed to go somewhere. Carolie, who has never flown with me for any significant amount of time, was game for a day trip up to Madeline Island on Lake Superior for lunch. So we launched around 10:30 and by a little after noon, we were walking down the road on Madeline Island heading for the ferry.

It's probably somewhat significant that as we took the ferry back to the island later, an RV-6 circled overhead. Another reason to finish up the RV airplane project -- 3.9 hours of rental : $507. Criminy.

(Change the pictures by clicking the arrows --forward or backward -- below the captions)




Related links:
  • Our trip to Madeline Island last year.
  • Sunrise on Lake Superior.
  • 1 comment:

    1. 3.9 hours of rental : $507. Criminy.

      That won't get a whole lot better with your RV, but at least it will be easier to hide as it gets spread out over hangar, insurance, and the like. Just take one small piece of advice:

      NEVER put all of that stuff into a spreadsheet to find your true cost per hour. Trust me, you don't want to know.

      ReplyDelete

    Share |