Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sam Burgess Memorial Junkett update - Sunday 6/22

This just in from J.W. French

I landed at Alpine, TX (E38) at 2:00 PM this afternoon. I will spend tomorrow visiting with Woody and Mary Haston. Woody was involved in the construction of the Curtiss Sparrow Hawk with Sam Burgess, and helped look after Sam during his final days. I will leave Tuesday morning for San Manuel, AZ for a RON visit with Mark Rhoads and EAA Chapter 1406 members. (Bob notes: Hey, Chapter 1406, update your Web site!)

I intend to leave Wednesday for Casa Grande, AZ for a RON with Mike Still and visit with members of Chapter 1445. Thursday, June 26th I will be in Payson, AZ to RON with Robert Henley and visit with Chapter 810. Friday, June 27th I will RON with Monroe McDonald at Eagles Roost 27AZ in Aguila, AZ.

The trip from San Marcos, TX to Alpine was with mainly clear skies, and no headwinds, high temperature, and a heat haze layer up to 7500 msl. There was no hands-off flying time in the ensuing bumps. Alpine field elevation is 4250 msl so the ground speed on landing is noticably higher even though the indicated airspeed is the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |