Saturday, March 29, 2008

The lure of air parks



I'm thinking of going up the north metro today for the quarterly meeting of the Minnesota Wing of Van's Air Force. It's up at a gentleman's home on an airpark. I had no idea it was there and it's in a great location: next to a prison.

I notice that Roberta Hegy sold her RV last week. She lives over on an airpark, I believe, near Milwaukee. I would think it would be difficult to live on an airpark without a plane, or at least without your airplane, but what would I know? I only dream of what it must be like to live on an airpark and, given the facilities I've seen, there's no actual assumption that one day I will.

Today, on Redding.com, there's a profile of Bob Bruce, who has built an RV-4 and is building an RV-7. Yep, they live on an airpark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |