Thursday, May 24, 2012

Step One: Build. Step Two: Certify (check)

Getting the airworthiness certificate for the airplane I've been building for 11 years was nice. But hearing FAA Designated Airworthiness Inspector Tim Mahoney, right, say, "you're a real detail-oriented person," and "I wish every airplane I inspected was this good," and "you did a really great job on this airplane" was about as good as it gets. I'd like to dedicate this moment to Mr. Provenzano, who flunked me in shop in junior high school. Hey, Provenzano: I built a frickin' airplane.


I'm putting the plane back together and adding a few more "hidden signatures" in remaining locations.



1 comment:

  1. Bill Swaim - Bettendorf, IAMay 24, 2012 at 1:46 PM

    Well, what can I say.......
    As one who is (was) in your position, almost done but not really, I say congratulations!!!
    A job well done Mr Collins! Hopefully I will follow in your foot steps in 2012 and you will put some air under those tires soon.

    ReplyDelete

Share |